God's Not Mad :: :: :: God made the world, he called it good :: :: :: why would God destroy something he thinks is good?




Is that your rhetoric I’m stepping on?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




I’m a little disjointed lately. I have had a hard time expressing myself, so I’m going to just stream-of-conscious this one:

My religious or political affiliation should have nothing to do with me being a Christian.

I don’t believe TBN talking-heads have it all right, or marketing campaigns are changing the world, or labels to classify belief systems or the trendy club associations that go with them.

I don’t think anything should be labeled as, “Christian” (i.e. music, movies, fictional books, etc.).

I do not subscribe to the fabricated laws of religious man because it’s the status quo thing to do.

I subscribe to a Christ-like lifestyle because I think it is the right way to live.

I think generosity is what we are all supposed to do.

That justice and forgiveness are a given, and not an exception.

I believe being compassionate is a better way to go, and that judging others (no matter what the circumstance) ends up as just another non-productive.

I’m convinced that I don’t have all of the answers.

I think honesty with others and myself is a better way to live.

I think taking care of people's needs is a better act of love than any sermon.

I think it’s more important to be out in the world than in a church.

I believe feeding the hungry and clothing the poor are much more noble acts than building the next super-mega church.

That looking out for the fatherless and taking care of the widow are indeed the truest of all acts of religion.

I believe God loves me because of what he created in me, not by what my best efforts may be. He’s looking for me to be that person, and not how others are trying to influence me to be.

I know that God is looking for open and honest communication with His creation. That the purest prayer we could ever make is, “help…”

I believe He’s searching for those that simply don’t care what the rest think.

I believe the “best” Christian is not the one who frequents his local church, or gives the most money, or even recites the most scripture. The people that become God’s workmanship are the ones who hear His voice, sees the need and just obeys.

And I think the biggest battle we have here on earth is not homesexuality, democrats, terrorists or the devil.


It’s our own minds.


1 Responses to “Is that your rhetoric I’m stepping on?”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I think this is the beginning of my favorite. The declarative is important now. Your developing the idea. the transition. The tools with which the world is defined. This is the good stuff.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm @marcusnelson
  • From San Francisco, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3