God's Not Mad :: :: :: God made the world, he called it good :: :: :: why would God destroy something he thinks is good?




He doesn't need me.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Today my wife and I have had some really good conversation about our thoughts and observations regarding church. I realize the last couple of posts are purely overviews reprinted from other sources, and you may think we are subscribing to every jot and tiddle written here.

Keep in mind; we’re just trying to open things up to conversation. There are more conversations to have and many angles not seen yet.

This week, I’ve had two dear friends happen upon their need for God in their life, as all of us sometimes do. The difference being this – God found them.

So often we try to talk to people about our spiritual experiences and persuade them to “try God”, as if we are introducing them to taste a new oriental cuisine. Now more than ever, I am realizing that this is a pointless exercise. It’s as if I were to say to someone, “Here’s God!” and I make my little list of what God is, how He operates, and “Oh yeah, here’s the list of do’s and don’ts you’ll have to live up to for God to have any effect on your life.”

Who am I to take God anywhere, like some sort of missionary taking Jesus to the world? Is that to say He wasn’t there before I showed up? Does God only travel with those who are his followers of the “moral code?” And if God does move like this, does he leave forwarding addresses for the rest of his followers?

No. God was always there. It’s just that sometimes, we don’t recognize His movements. We may not see His handywork in action.

For us, we think God is in the black and white of life – and all the while he’s been lurking in the shadows. Waiting for the right time. The right place to reach out – and create an undeniable moment.

Understand that the Bible is not about judgment, wrath and moral obligation. It’s a story. A story of pain, anguish and disappointments. A story of hope, love and redemption. But mostly, it’s a story of a creator, reaching out to His creation – asking them to love Him the way that He loves us.

That’s the good news.Church Jesus God Bible Christian Christianity Prayer


1 Responses to “He doesn't need me.”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Nope. He doesn't need you. He has already had wayyyy too much of you to need anymore. And on that note, we need more of everything.

    Right now.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm @marcusnelson
  • From San Francisco, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3