God's Not Mad :: :: :: God made the world, he called it good :: :: :: why would God destroy something he thinks is good?




What I learned from a Hemingway


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



When we lived in Ketchum, my brother and I befriended Mariel Hemingway through a chance encounter with J.Crew clothing catalog.  We had a reputation for being Christians so she naturally verbally assaulted us (all in good, clean fun, of course).   We ran into here and there, but it wasn't until her sister passed away that she brought her personal faith into a conversation.

She walked up to me in front of the Board Bin and said, “I know you don't think I believe in God and all that, but I want you to know.   There is something…I believe there is something out there, and I'm searching.”

I never had a chance to follow up on that as I never ran into her again.

Isn't it interesting?   So many people are out there looking for something to believe in, and the whole time – there is already someone believing in them.

That's part of the deeper Christian struggle, isn't it?   I can believe in God.   That's not much of a leap for most people.  

But -- can I believe I am who He says I am?   Can I do what he says I can do?  

One more giant leap for the journey.


0 Responses to “What I learned from a Hemingway”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm @marcusnelson
  • From San Francisco, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3