God's Not Mad :: :: :: God made the world, he called it good :: :: :: why would God destroy something he thinks is good?




This is me . . . Emily


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Ok, so I'm a bit hot headed. Just a tad annoyed at the lazy.

Perhaps I'm an overbearing mother....but it's because I care. They should know that. One day -- oh yes -- one day, they will appreciate the fact that I was overbearing because I "protected" them. Will I end up being the mother in the mauve lazyboy watching the game show network calling my daughter for the fifth time just to "check in?" Or maybe just to see where she was all night when I was calling last night? Twelve times. BIG MONEY, NO WHAMMIES.

Hopefully I won't be biting my 16 year old sons "cute little piggies," then. Or feeding him his steak cut into tiny squares to prevent choking.

There's more to me than motherhood.

I do love it.

But there IS more.

Do you have anything in your life that over time has turned into a definition of who you are?

hmmm....

I need to go wash something.


1 Responses to “This is me . . . Emily”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Dearest Emily,

    I never thought of you as only a mother or a wife. I thought of those as some of the best things you do though. I confess to not knowing you nearly as long as your Husband, but the simple fact that he is a better man after feeling your love makes me inspired by who you must be.

    As far as overbearing motherhood...I have one. I think I do. I am 34, and talk to my Mom 1000000 times a day. The thing is, our family is constructed in such a way that it is good. The contact is great. The connection is great.

    And I also think if anyone is going to overprotect your daughter it is going to be me.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm @marcusnelson
  • From San Francisco, California, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3